- Upon approving any cost estimate provided by a Future Creative representative, the client will be liable for full payment of said cost estimate, unless otherwise agreed with said representative and client.
- In the case of a Social Media or PR campaign, an invoice for the full retainer amount will be sent to you before the project or job in question commences, or at the beginning of each month, payable before any work commences for the month going forward. For example, your invoice will be generated and sent on the 25th of November, in order for Future Creative to commence work on your brand or project on 1 December. Future Creative will only start work once this payment reflects.
- In the case of an Event, Website, Activation or Design project, 50% payment is due in order to secure Future Creative’s time, before any work can commence. The balance will be due prior to completion and handover of the job.
- Strategising, conceptualisation and sourcing for an event will be charged to the client once the job has been awarded to Future Creative, irrespective of whether the event is cancelled. These amounts will presented as a line item in the form of a cost estimate, and will be invoiced to the client separately should the event be cancelled.
- Once a cost estimate has been approved by a client through a signature or in writing via email, the client is liable to pay the full amount stipulated in the approved cost estimate within the agreed time frame, unless otherwise agreed in a mail between client and Future Creative. Should the event be cancelled, Future Creative has the right to charge the client in question any costs incurred by the as a result of working on behalf of the client, including 3rd party or supplier cancellation fees.
- Any paid media fees charged by Future Creative will incur a 15% management commission fee included in the total billed to client. For example if a client is billed R10 000 for media then a fee of R1 500 will be deducted as media commission.
- Should it occur that the brand or client’s company does not make good on the full payment for a particular month’s retainer, interest at the current prime rate of FNB will be charged daily until such time as payment is made.
- Should you wish to cancel your retainer contract with Future Creative, this should be done in writing a full 2 (two) months before the date of cancellation. These two months will be charged for as per original agreement, and the client liable for payment thereof with no dispute.
- Future Creative charges set fees per hour for all standard hourly work for time and concepts only, and these hourly rates do not cover hard costs. Any potential hard costs will be presented to the client prior to going ahead with them.
- All plans, ideas, proposals, results and exposure will be approved by, and presented to, the client prior to commencing. Once the client has approved these, they have given permission for Future Creative to execute and manage all processes on behalf of the client and brand or project in question.
- The ideas, concepts, designs, relationships, passwords, login details and any other intellectual property which Future Creative accrues or obtains as a result of working with each brand/client will remain the property of Future Creative until such time as the client pays the full amount owed.
- All design work done by Future Creative for the client will be provided in the following formats: PDF, Vector, Jpeg, HTML/CSS/PHP/MYSQL. No Native files of final design elements (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator files) will be provided to client. Preliminary sketches, notes, rough drafts and mock-ups which were not used in the final design are not for sale. All costs relating to any third party licenses are added to any fees for native files and any related license text is included with deliverables.
- Written approval or a signature on this document from you, as the client, or payment of an invoice issued as a result of a quote or estimate, indicates authorisation from your company to proceed with the project/s described within this document. Your signature states that you are a legally authorised representative and are committing to pay for all fees incurred in the production of this project and that you agree to the Terms laid out.
SIYAMISANA 30CC (“Future Creative”), a CC in South Africa (2005/068780/23) and with offices at 13 Brickfield Road, Salt River, 7925, Cape Town, and CLIENT means the person or entity described as the Client on the Cost Estimate provided per job.
INTRODUCTION AND FUTURE MANDATES
The Client hereby engages Future Creative, which engagement Future Creative hereby accepts, to provide Services and deliver Deliverables subject to the terms and conditions set out below and in the cost estimate and roll-out plans provided. The Parties agree that all future work or mandates given by the Client to Future Creative shall unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Parties be governed by the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- In this Agreement, unless the context indicates otherwise, the words and expressions set out below shall have the meanings assigned to them and cognate expressions shall have a corresponding meaning, namely:
- “Accepted Estimate” means a Cost Estimate accepted by the Client in accordance with clause 4.3;
- “Agreement” means this agreement, including each Accepted Estimate and document referred to herein, subject to any amendments or variations in accordance with clause 17.8;
- “Future Creative Proprietary Material” includes any product, document, business process, text, artwork, trade mark, branding, logo, slogan, design, still, graphic, video, photograph, sound recording, script, music, picture, document, software and/or other data or material of any nature whatsoever, and all right, title and interest therein (including but not limited to, the underlying copyright in any source code or business methodology associated therewith and all other Intellectual Property Rights therein) which is used, owned, developed and/or created by or for, or licensed to, Future Creative at any time;
- “Future Creative Representative” means the person described as such on the Cover Schedule, or such other person as Future Creative may notify Client in writing from time to time;
- “Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or official public holiday in South Africa;
- “Client Representative” means such person as the Client may notify Future Creative in writing from time to time or, in the absence of any such notification, a representative of the Client that Future customarily deals with in the providing the Services in the ordinary course;
- “Commencement Date” means, unless otherwise agreed between the Parties, the date of signature of this Agreement by the Party last in time to do so;
- “Deliverables” means any creative work, strategy, proposals, presentations, press releases, reports, copy, documents, data or other materials developed by Future Creative expressly, specifically and exclusively for the Client in terms of an Accepted Cost Estimate but which, for the avoidance of doubt, excludes Future Creative Proprietary Material;
- “Cost Estimate” means a quotation, proposal or cost estimate issued by Future Creative to Client in respect of Services to be provided and/or Deliverables to be delivered;
- “Intellectual Property” means all patents, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, all other rights in the nature of copyright, trademarks, trade names and domain names, business names, logos, service marks, moral rights, know-how, business methods and trade secrets, rights in get-up, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, unfair competition rights, rights in design, database rights and any other intellectual property rights (including but not limited to moral rights), in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications (and rights to apply) for, and renewals, extensions or revivals of, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist, now or in the future and in any part of the world (and “Intellectual Property Rights” means any ownership, license or associated rights relating to Intellectual Property);
- “Parties” means Future Creative and the Client and “Party” shall mean either one of them;
- “Services” means, subject to the provisions of this Agreement, the services specified, and to be provided, by Future Creative and accepted by Client under this Agreement in an Accepted Estimate or as otherwise agreed in writing between the Parties; and
- “VAT” means Value-Added Tax at the rate prescribed from time to time.
- A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality).
- References to “company” shall be to any body corporate, wherever incorporated.
- A reference to one gender shall include a reference to the other genders.
- Words in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
- References to statutory provisions shall be construed as references to those provisions as respectively amended or re-enacted or as their application is modified by other provisions (whether before or after the date of this Agreement) from time to time and shall include any provisions of which they are re-enactments (whether with or without modification).
- References to clauses and schedules are to clauses to and Schedules of this Agreement. A reference to a paragraph is to a paragraph of the relevant Schedule.
- Writing or written includes email.
- Where the words include(s), including or in particular are used in this Agreement, they are deemed to have the words “without limitation” following them. The words other and otherwise are illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding them.
- Any obligation in this Agreement on a person not to do something includes an obligation not to agree or allow that thing to be done.
- The headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of this Agreement.
- Except to the extent otherwise provided, each Accepted Estimate and each Schedule shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the provisions of this agreement and in the event of a conflict between an Accepted Estimate and this agreement, the provisions of the relevant Schedule shall prevail (unless the parties otherwise agree in writing).
- The Client hereby appoints Future Creative with effect from the Commencement Date to provide the Services and the Deliverables in accordance with each relevant Accepted Estimate, and Future Creative hereby accepts such appointment.
- The Parties agree that the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement (together with each relevant Accepted Estimate) shall govern the relationship between them with regard to the provision of the Services and the Deliverables. This Agreement is an enabling agreement in terms of which Future Creative will provide the Services to the Client, and the details of the specific Services which Future Creative will provide to the Client from time to time shall be as recorded in an Accepted Estimate.
- Future Creative undertakes to perform the Services and provide the Deliverables in a diligent, efficient and professional manner and shall use its best endeavors to adhere to any deadlines and/or time frames as approved between the parties, taking into account that Future Creative ‘s ability to perform efficiently is based on certain assumptions which may change during the course of Future rendering its services to the Client in terms hereof. Any such changes may have a bearing on performance and Future Creative shall not be held liable for any failures and/or delays which are beyond its reasonable control. Where no time frame or delivery dates have been set and/or deadlines have been agreed to, Future Creative will render its services within a reasonable period. The Client agrees that Future shall not be held liable for any delays which are outside of its reasonable control, including but not limited to, delays caused by Client’s own failure or delay in approving work and/or Estimates and/or any delays caused by third party contractors.
- Prior to the commencement of any work by Future Creative in connection with the Services and Deliverables, Future shall issue the Client with an Estimate specifying:
- the Services and/or Deliverables to be provided to the Client by Future;
- the fees to be charged by Future Creative to the Client for the Services and/or Deliverables to be provided; and
- to the extent relevant, dates by which or upon which such Services and/or Deliverables are to be provided.
- Prior to signature by the Client, each Estimate will be valid for 20 (twenty) days from the date of issue thereof unless revoked or replaced by Future Creative before the expiry of such period and prior to receipt by Future of a copy thereof signed by the Client.
- Upon acceptance and signature of an Estimate by the Client, such Estimate shall be an Accepted Estimate which shall henceforth be binding on the Parties and shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- In the event that the Client wishes to appoint Future Creative to provide additional services, being services not already subject to an Accepted Estimate, Future Creative shall issue the Client with a new Estimate in respect of such services in accordance with this clause 4.
- An Accepted Estimate may amend the terms and conditions of this Agreement only with respect to the subject matter of such Accepted Estimate. Insofar as any Accepted Estimate specifically amends the provisions of this Agreement, such amended provisions in the Accepted Estimate shall prevail in respect of that Accepted Estimate only. Amendments to this Agreement of general application shall be dealt with in accordance with clause 17.8.
- In the event of a conflict between the provisions of this Agreement and an Accepted Estimate, the provisions of the Accepted Estimate shall prevail.
PROVISION OF SERVICES/DELIVERABLES
- In providing the Services, Future Creative will take reasonable steps to understand the Client’s business and to familiarise itself with the market(s) within which the Client operates. To this end, the Client agrees to provide Future Creative from time to time and without delay with any information, documentation, guidance and/or assistance (together, “Information”) that Future Creative might reasonably require to provide the Services.
- The Client authorises, and grants a license to, Future Creative to use any proprietary Information furnished to Future Creative in terms of clause 5.1 for the sole purpose of enabling Future Creative to provide the Services and the Deliverables and warrants where necessary that all necessary third party consents have been obtained by the Client for such use.
- Future Creative shall deliver each Deliverable to the Client in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Accepted Estimate. Where such provision is not made in the Accepted Estimate, delivery shall be deemed to have occurred and risk in the Deliverable shall transfer upon physical or constructive delivery, submission, transfer or transmission (electronic or otherwise) of the Deliverable to the Client by Future.
- The Future Creative Representative and the Client Representative shall meet at least once every month (or more often if so agreed between the parties) to discuss matters relating to the Services and Deliverables. If either party wishes to change the scope or execution of the Services or Deliverables, it shall submit details of the requested change to the other in writing.
- If the Client requests a change to the scope or execution of the Services and/or Deliverables, Future Creative shall, within a reasonable time, provide a written estimate to the Client of:
- the likely time required to implement the change;
- any necessary variations to Future Creative ’s charges arising from the change;
- the likely effect of the change on the scope, execution, milestones and/or other issues relating to the Services and/or Deliverables; and
- any other impact of the change on this Agreement.
- If the Client wishes for Future Creative to proceed with the change, Future Creative shall have no obligation to do so unless and until the parties have agreed the necessary variations to its charges, the Services and/or the Deliverables and any other relevant terms of this Agreement to take account of the change and this Agreement has been varied in accordance with clause 6.2.
- Unless and/or to the extent otherwise provided in a relevant Accepted Estimate, Future Creative shall issue invoices and the Client shall pay all fees, costs and disbursements set out in and in accordance with each Accepted Estimate in consideration of the relevant Services and/or Deliverables.
- In the absence of provision for the method of payment in an Accepted Estimate, the Client shall pay to Future in respect of each Accepted Estimate:
- upon acceptance by the Client of the Accepted Estimate in terms of clause 4.3, the following invoice terms apply:
- 50% (fifty percent) of the total fee specified will be due within 7 (seven) working days of the Client receiving the invoice; and
- the balance of the total fee, together with any other remaining payments or charges due under or in respect of such Accepted Estimate, within 30 days of invoice following completion of the Services or delivery of the Deliverables specified in such Accepted Estimate.
- In the case of a “retainer” fee, an invoice will be generated and payment due by the 25th (twenty fifth) for the retainer month going forward.
- All rates and fees quoted by Future Creative are quoted exclusive of VAT and any other applicable taxes. Subject to clause 7.1, the Client shall render payment to Future in respect of VAT and any other applicable taxes concurrently with each underlying payment in terms of clause 7.1 and 7.2 on which the relevant VAT amount is calculated.
- Late payments shall be subject to interest at the applicable prime rate of interest, calculated daily (based on a year of 365 days) and compounded monthly from due date until date of payment, which interest shall be payable by the Client to Future Creative on demand.
- All amounts payable by the Client to Future Creative shall be paid in cleared funds, free of withholding, deduction, set-off or exchange, into Future’s banking account the details of which are as follows:
Branch Code: 250655
Account name: Future Creative
Account number: 62727411720
POP: email@example.com or such other account as Future Creative may notify the Client in writing from time to time.
THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS AND STAFF
- Future Creative may from time to time appoint and/or sub-contract third parties to perform Services or provide Deliverables (in part or in full) provided that Future Creative shall remain the primary point of contact with the Client.
- Future Creative shall use due care and skill in the selection and appointment of third parties in accordance with clause 8.1.
- The Client hereby undertakes to Future Creative, that it shall not for the duration of this Agreement and for a 24 month period thereafter, whether directly or indirectly, nor in any capacity whatsoever, circumvent Future Creative by directly engaging a third party supplier appointed by Future Creative, to the exclusion of Future Creative, in connection with the Services and Deliverables. The Client agrees that a breach of this provision shall constitute a material breach of this agreement, entitling Future Creative in its discretion, to terminate its services to the Client and/or to claim damages and opportunity loss costs.
- The client will, in its dealings with Future Creative, work with various Future Creative employees. The Client hereby undertakes to Future Creative that it shall not approach any of these employees with offers of direct employment for a 24 month period post termination of its business dealings with Future Creative.
RISK, RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- All risk in each Deliverable shall pass to the Client upon delivery in accordance with this Agreement.
- All right, title and interest in and to the Future Creative Proprietary Materials shall at all times remain fully vested in and belong to Future Creative and its licensors, and the Client shall have no rights whatsoever in or to the Future Proprietary Materials other than as granted pursuant to Agreement.
- The Future Creative Proprietary Material may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited in whole or in part without Future Creative’s written consent.
- Subject to the provisions of this clause 9, all right, title and interest in and to each Service and Deliverable shall be owned and remain fully vested in Future until the Client has paid in full, in accordance with clause 7 above, all amounts owing to Future Creative under the relevant Accepted Estimate in respect of such Service and/or Deliverable, whereupon Future Creative shall cede to the Client all of its right, title and interest therein.
- As of the Commencement Date, the Client grants to Future Creative a non-exclusive license for the continued duration of this Agreement to perform any lawful act including the right to use the Client’s Intellectual Property for the sole purpose of providing the Services to the Client pursuant to this Agreement and the Accepted Estimates.
RIGHTS OF TERMINATION ON BREACH AND EARLY CANCELLATION
- Either Party (the “Aggrieved Party”) may terminate this Agreement immediately by giving written notice to the other Party (the “Defaulting Party”) if any of the following events occurs:
- the Defaulting Party has failed to make any payment of any sum due and payable under this Agreement within 14 days of written notice from the Aggrieved Party specifying the amount and nature of the sum due and requiring it to be paid;
- the Defaulting Party commits any material breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement and fails to remedy it within 14 days after receiving a written notice from the Aggrieved Party containing full particulars of the material breach and requiring it to be remedied;
- business rescue proceedings as contemplated under the Companies Act, No. 71 of 2008 (as amended, repealed and/or replaced from time to time) are instituted and/or implemented in respect of the Defaulting Party.
- Early cancellation: In the event of the Client canceling any Services after having given its approval for Future Creative to commence with such work, the Client agrees that it shall be liable to Future for any costs incurred and cost of work done by Future Creative up to the date of such cancellation, regardless of the nature of the services rendered (“the cancellation fee”). The costs incurred will be payable by the Client within 30 (thirty) days of the date of cancellation and upon Future issuing its invoice to the Client.
- Termination of this Agreement for any reason shall not affect the accrued rights of the Parties arising in any way out of this Agreement as at the date of termination and, in particular but without limitation, the right to recover damages against the other and all provisions which are expressed to survive this Agreement (including but not limited to clauses 1, 9, 10.2, 11, 13, 14, and 19) shall remain in force and effect.
- In the event of a cancellation of an activation, where a CE has been approved by Client, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 30 days prior to an event – 20% of the total event cost is to be billed by BNC to Client.
- 14 days to 29 days prior to an event – 30% of the total event cost is to be billed by BNC to Client.
- 1 week prior to an event – 50% of the total event cost is to be billed by BNC to Client (Unless additional costs have been incurred by BNC, in which case these need to be paid for by the Client).
- Less than 7 days prior to an event – 75% of the total event cost is to be billed by BNC to Client (Unless additional costs have been incurred by BNC, in which case these need to be paid for by the Client).
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- Unless otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, the Parties’ liability to one another under this Agreement, howsoever arising, shall be limited to direct damages and losses only and in no event shall either Party be liable for any:
- business interruption, loss of use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill, anticipated savings, business information, data or other pecuniary loss; or
- consequential, incidental or indirect losses; or
- special or other damages, arising out of this AgreementClause 11.1 shall not operate to exclude any liability of a Party arising as a result of that Party’s fraudulent conduct or in respect of any death or personal injury caused by that Party’s negligence.
- If either Party is prevented or restricted directly or indirectly from carrying out any or all of its obligations under this Agreement (the “Affected Party”) due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Affected Party (including without limiting the generality of the aforegoing, any war, civil commotion, political or civil disturbance, riot, insurrection, strike, lock-out, labour dispute or other industrial action, boycott, fire, explosion, flood, storm, subsidence, volcanic eruption or other volcanic activity, epidemic or other natural or physical disaster, sabotage, terrorism, acts of any state or government or other authority or other acts of God), then the Affected Party shall be relieved of its obligations in this Agreement during the period that such event and its consequences continue but only to the extent so prevented and shall not be liable for any delays or failure in the performance of any of its obligations hereunder or for any loss or damage (general, special or consequential) which the other Party may suffer, due to or resulting from such delay or failure, provided that written notice shall within ten Business Days of the occurrence constituting force majeure, be given by the Affected Party to the other Party concerned, and provided further that the obligation to give such notice shall be suspended to the extent necessitated by such force majeure.
- Any Party invoking force majeure shall use its reasonable endeavours to terminate the circumstances giving rise to force majeure and upon termination of the circumstances giving rise thereto, shall forthwith give written notice to the other Party concerned.
- The Parties agree that should the circumstances giving rise to force majeure continue for a period of more than thirty (30) days after the Affected Party has notified the other Party of such circumstances in terms of clause 12.1, the Party who has not claimed force majeure may terminate this Agreement by notice in writing to the other Party, in which event neither Party shall be liable to the other for any losses or damages as a result of such force majeure.
- All communications between the Parties, and all information and other materials supplied to or received by either of them from the other (the “Confidential Information”) shall be kept confidential by the Parties unless or until the Party receiving the Confidential information (the “Receiving Party”) can reasonably demonstrate that the Confidential Information (or the relevant portion thereof):
- is already in the public domain through no fault of its own;
- has been lawfully obtained from any third party who/which was under no obligation to keep such communication, information or material confidential;
- is already lawfully known to the Receiving Party at the time that it receives such information (and the Receiving Party is under no prior obligation to keep such information confidential); or
- is disclosed by the Receiving Party to satisfy the order of a court of competent jurisdiction or of a governmental or regulatory body, or to comply with the provisions of any law or regulation in force from time to time, provided that in these circumstances the Receiving Party shall:
- disclose only that portion of the Confidential Information which it is legally required to disclose; and
- use its reasonable endeavours to protect the confidentiality of such Confidential Information to the fullest extent practicable.
- The Parties shall use all reasonable endeavours to procure the observance of these restrictions and shall take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of disclosure of Confidential Information by those persons required to possess any such information and who shall have access to such information, and will instruct those persons on the confidentiality of such information, ensuring that only they themselves and such of their employees and directors shall have the duty to treat the same as confidential.
- The obligations contained in this clause 13 shall endure, even after the termination of this Agreement for whatever reason.
NO COMPETITION OR SOLICITATION
- The Client acknowledges that Future’s employees and its preferred third party contractors and consultants will have a close working relationship with the Client and that Future is reliant upon its employees and its preferred third party contractors and/or consultants and has invested substantial time and money in them and/or in supporting the businesses.
- The Client undertakes and agrees with Future that it will not at any time during the term of this Agreement or for a period of one year from the date at which this Agreement terminates or expires, however that may occur:
- induce to leave, solicit or entice away or endeavour to induce to leave, solicit or entice away any director or employee of Future who has undertaken work for the Client or has had any dealings with the Client as a result of Future (and the Client agrees that, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that Future might have, if the Client acts in breach of this provision it will be liable for fee for each of the relevant employee induced to leave, solicited or enticed away at a rate equivalent to six months’ wages or salary for the relevant employee;
- solicit or offer services or custom, or endeavour to solicit or offer services or custom, to any subcontractor or consultant engaged by to perform or provide services or perform obligations under or in connection with this Agreement to Future and/or the Client (and the Client agrees that, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that Future might have, if the Client acts in breach of this provision it will be liable for fee for each of the relevant consultant induced, solicited or enticed away at a rate equivalent to six months’ fees that would have been earned by that consultant or contractor through its work with the Client; or
- cause or permit any person directly or indirectly under its control or supervision, or in its employ, to do any of the acts or things specified above.
- The Parties agree that, in the event of a dispute arising in respect of this Agreement, the senior executives of each Party respectively authorised to settle disputes shall use best and bona fide endeavours to resolve such dispute within 14 days of either Party notifying the other in writing of the existence of the dispute. Failing resolution of the dispute within the 14 day period, the Parties agree to submit to arbitration proceedings in respect of such dispute in accordance with this clause 15.1.
- Subject to clause 15.1, any dispute arising out of this Agreement or the interpretation thereof, both while in force and after its termination, shall be submitted to and determined by arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa (the “Rules”). Such arbitration shall be held in Cape Town unless otherwise agreed and shall be held in a summary manner with a view to it being completed as soon as possible.
- There shall be one arbitrator who shall be, if the question in issue is:
- primarily an accounting matter, an independent chartered accountant of at least 10 (ten) years’ standing;
- primarily a legal matter, a practising Senior Counsel or commercial attorney of at least 10 (ten) years’ standing;
- any other matter, a suitably qualified person.
- The appointment of the arbitrator shall be agreed upon between the Parties, but failing agreement between them within a period of 14 (fourteen) days after the arbitration has been demanded, either of the Parties shall be entitled to request the Chairman for the time being of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa to make the appointment who, in making his appointment, shall have regard to the nature of the dispute.
- The arbitrator shall have the powers conferred upon an arbitrator under the Rules.
- The award of the arbitrator on conclusion of the arbitration will be final and binding. Each of the Parties hereby submits itself to the Western Cape High Court (Cape Town) should any other Party wish to make the arbitrator’s decision an order of Court.
- Unless the arbitrator in the exercise of his discretion decides otherwise, the costs of the arbitration and the prior proceedings before the High Court will follow the outcome of the award.
- The arbitrator will make his award in writing, setting out the reasons for his findings.
DOMICILIUM CITANDI ET EXECUTANDI
- Any notice or other communication to be given or served under or in connection with this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be:
- delivered by hand, delivery by courier shall be regarded as delivery by hand;
- sent by pre-paid registered post or recorded delivery;
- (if the notice is to be served by post outside the country from which it is sent) sent by registered airmail; or
- sent by email, to the party due to receive the communication.
- Any communication given pursuant to clause 16.1 shall be sent to: The Client: At the address set out in the Cover Schedule For attention: The Client Representative Future: Address: 30 London Road, Sea Point 8005 Email: tammy@Futurelifestye.co.za For attention: Tammy Lederle
- A communication is deemed to be given or served:
- if delivered by hand, at the time it is left at the address;
- if sent by pre-paid registered post or recorded delivery on the fifth Business Day after posting;
- in the case of registered or recorded airmail, ten Business Days from the date of posting; or
- if sent by email, when the email is sent.
- In the case of a notice given or served by hand or by email where this occurs after 5.00pm on a Business Day, or on a day which is not a Business Day the date of service shall be deemed to be the next Business Day.
- In proving service of the communication, it shall be sufficient to show that the envelope containing the communication was properly addressed and posted as a pre-paid registered or recorded post or airmail (as the case may be) or if sent by email to the email address set out in clause 16.2.
- Any notification of a change of contact details under this clause 16 shall only be effective on the date specified in the notification as the date on which the change is to take place or if no date is specified or the date specified is less than five Business Days after the date on which the notice is deemed to have been served, the date falling five Business Days after notice of any such change is deemed to have been given.
- The Client acknowledges that, unless and until this Agreement, together with any Estimate, have been signed by the Client and returned to Future Creative, Future Creative shall not be required to perform any Services in terms of the relevant Estimate.
- Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement (and in particular in clause 8), no Party may cede, delegate, assign, sub-licence, sub-contract, share or part with any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any third party without the prior written consent of the other Party.
- This Agreement as defined in clause 1.2 contains the entire agreement between the Parties as to the subject matter hereof.
- The Client acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of Future which is not set out in the Agreement. Save to the extent otherwise provided herein, no undertaking, representation, term or condition relating to the subject matter of this Agreement not incorporated in this Agreement shall be binding on either of the Parties.
- No relaxation or indulgence granted by either Party to the other shall be deemed to be a waiver of any of that Party’s rights in terms hereof, nor shall same be deemed to be a novation of the terms and conditions and nor shall same stop either Party from enforcing its rights hereunder.
- No single or partial exercise or non-exercise of any right, power or remedy provided by this Agreement or by law shall preclude any other or further exercise of such right, power or remedy or of any other right, power or remedy.
- The rights, powers and remedies provided by this Agreement are cumulative and, unless otherwise provided, are not exclusive of any rights, powers and remedies provided by law.
- No agreement to vary, add to or cancel this Agreement (including any Accepted Estimate) shall be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed on behalf of both Parties to this Agreement.
- If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable under the law of any relevant jurisdiction, that shall not affect or impair:
- the legality, validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of this Agreement; or
- the legality, validity or enforceability under the law of any other jurisdiction of that or any other provision of this Agreement.
- This Agreement (together with any other document referred to herein which requires signature) may be signed in two counterparts, one or more of which may be delivered via fax or email (scanned), in which event the two originals together will constitute a binding agreement between the Parties.
- Each Party shall bear its own costs in connection with the drafting and negotiation of this Agreement.
- Nothing in this Agreement and no action taken by the Parties under this Agreement shall create or be deemed to create a partnership or establish the relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between the Parties and no Party shall have the right to obligate or bind the other in any manner whatsoever.
- This Agreement supersedes and replaces any and all agreements between the Parties and undertakings given to or on behalf of the Parties in relation to the subject matter hereof.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
- No person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have any right to enforce this Agreement (or any agreement or document entered into pursuant to this agreement) or any rights under this Agreement.
- This Agreement, its interpretation and termination shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- Each Party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Magistrates’ Courts (subject to clause 15.6) over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with this Agreement.